Purchase Video Now
Pressurized People: Force Mitigation Opportunities
Stress is compounding.
Friction is building.
Patience is dwindling…
and increased police encounters with
pressurized people is inevitable.
Be trained and ready!
This expertly designed remote course will help every officer:
- Avoid foolish, yet surprisingly common, mistakes that cause tense encounters to erupt.
- Recognize that de-escalation is not a tactic…it’s a goal.
- Understand how overcharged emotions obstruct rational thinking.
- Gauge situational temperature to help defuse & control, not further incite, potentially explosive encounters.
- Use strategic questioning to identify an agitated person’s needs and gain attention, trust, & cooperation.
- Apply proven strategies to help slow the momentum of a stressed encounter and facilitate de-escalation.
- Use active listening techniques for reading people to reveal insights they subconsciously leak that could preempt an attack.
Timely • Practical • 100% Online!