Because I am an educational geek—not only with law enforcement training classes, but civilian training and academic classes as well—I recently attended a self-defense class taught by Deputy Tom Popken, creator ofThe No Technique System of Self Defense. Tom’s a thirty-plus year law enforcement officer and was my police academy defensive tactics instructor. He teaches police officers and civilians the art of fighting to win—and he’s damn ... Full Article »
Posts by Pam Starr:
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join the 100,000+ law enforcement professionals who receive the weekly Calibre newsletter filled with analysis of force encounters caught on video, training articles, product reviews, expert commentary and more.
Click here to sign up.
- Gun Violence: What Cops Have to Say May 17, 2021
- How Do We Stop the Gun Violence? May 12, 2021
- Cop Meets Racist Rant With Impressively Calm Professionalism May 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Cops Get Mad When People Who Don’t Understand Force Encounters Judge Them. How Much Do YOU Really Know? May 5, 2021
- Opinions without foundation April 27, 2021