When I told my father that I wanted to be a police officer, this was his reply: “Why don’t you become a lawyer instead?” I can’t even count anymore the number of women who, upon finding out that I am a police officer, ask me things like, “Aren’t you scared to be out there all by yourself?” “Do you have a male partner to look after you?” This is the baseline for women in policing. This is the battle that we feel we're fighting. ... Full Article »
Posts by Madeline Horner:
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join the 100,000+ law enforcement professionals who receive the weekly Calibre newsletter filled with analysis of force encounters caught on video, training articles, product reviews, expert commentary and more.
Click here to sign up.
- Gun Violence: What Cops Have to Say May 17, 2021
- How Do We Stop the Gun Violence? May 12, 2021
- Cop Meets Racist Rant With Impressively Calm Professionalism May 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Cops Get Mad When People Who Don’t Understand Force Encounters Judge Them. How Much Do YOU Really Know? May 5, 2021
- Opinions without foundation April 27, 2021