Law enforcement is one of only a handful of jobs where all the senses are engaged much of the time. There are obviously distinct sights and smells that officers encounter throughout their career. However, there are sounds that law enforcement hear so often that they never seem to go away throughout an officer’s life. The following is a short list of just a few of those. Sirens: Of course, this one is a little obvious, but the sound of a polic... Full Article »
Posts by Darrin Fulton:
In the summer of 2004, I was a mere intern working in the CSI lab, hoping to learn more about my dream job. Fifteen years later, I can still vividly see the first dead body I saw, half his head missing, due to a gunshot wound from a .44 handgun. I still remember picking up pieces of skull from halfway across the apartment complex parking lot where it took place and placing it on his body. I can still see the blood running down the street to the d... Full Article »
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join the 100,000+ law enforcement professionals who receive the weekly Calibre newsletter filled with analysis of force encounters caught on video, training articles, product reviews, expert commentary and more.
Click here to sign up.
- If He Doesn’t Point the Gun at You, You Can’t Shoot…Right? March 3, 2021
- It’s Time To Vaccinate The Police February 24, 2021
- 10 Rounds to the Chest and Still Coming! February 22, 2021
- Dear IL Governor: Thanks for sending us your excellent officers. February 19, 2021
- NEVER Underestimate the Risk of This Search Warrant February 16, 2021