Recruiting and hiring new officers is a challenge faced by law enforcement agencies across the nation. Fewer people are drawn to a career, and, unlike many veteran officers, often new candidates don’t see a career in law enforcement as a calling. Agencies are facing extreme staffing shortages, where more than 25% of their work force is vacant, injured, or retiring. This creates a burden on departments to address workload and morale issues with... Full Article »
Posts by Daniel Flippo:
I recently found myself standing in line at a local grocery store, grabbing a few items on my way home from a long day at work. As I stood there next in line, I heard the cashier tell the customer ahead of me, “Yup, there are no bad days.” She agreed, replying, “Yes, it’s all about your attitude.” No Bad Days It must have been one of those days, or perhaps it was that I was tired and had been contemplating the loss of eight officers ... Full Article »
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join the 100,000+ law enforcement professionals who receive the weekly Calibre newsletter filled with analysis of force encounters caught on video, training articles, product reviews, expert commentary and more.
Click here to sign up.
- Gun Violence: What Cops Have to Say May 17, 2021
- How Do We Stop the Gun Violence? May 12, 2021
- Cop Meets Racist Rant With Impressively Calm Professionalism May 5, 2021
- VIDEO: Cops Get Mad When People Who Don’t Understand Force Encounters Judge Them. How Much Do YOU Really Know? May 5, 2021
- Opinions without foundation April 27, 2021