Once while driving I reached down to turn on the radio for some music, only to discover the radio was already on. I had done this a few times before. Curious this time, I paused and backtracked what I had been thinking and feeling. I realized I was anxious and looking to be distracted from my own thoughts. We do this in ways big and small: When we feel depressed, sad, or bad in some way, we seek something that will make us feel different. The lis... Full Article »
Posts by Brian Casey:
When I apologized to my barber for being too cynical, he replied, “That’s okay, I think you know too much.” Society asks police officers to approach or confront strangers on its behalf. This is what patrol officers do for a living. Many of these strangers are not society’s success stories. What these strangers hide in their pockets, their waistbands, their minds—all is unknown to the officer. What will happen when an officer closes the... Full Article »
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join the 100,000+ law enforcement professionals who receive the weekly Calibre newsletter filled with analysis of force encounters caught on video, training articles, product reviews, expert commentary and more.
Click here to sign up.
- “Let go of me! You’re hurting me! You can’t arrest me!” What would YOU do in this situation? April 14, 2021
- VIDEO: Inmate Threatens to Slit CO’s Throat After He’s Taken Hostage & Stabbed April 6, 2021
- VIDEO: Lighting-Fast Knife Attack on Officer. Walking Away, Then Full Charge…in 1 Second! March 31, 2021
- Ambush Survival: Increasing Officer Safety March 30, 2021
- “I saw bravery drive past me yesterday…” In memory of Officer Eric Talley March 25, 2021