BODYCAM: Officer Rescues Wounded Woman & 3 Children Under Gunfire
The deputy is being hailed as a hero, & rightly soBy Calibre Press | Jul 27, 2016
The two adults involved in today’s domestic violence-related shooting are as follows:
Victim: Victoria Rosado, age 26
Defendant: Emmanuel Rosado, age 26 (DOB: 6/4/90)
Based on statements from the victim as well as one of the children who witnessed the shooting, the investigation has concluded that the defendant shot his wife with a 9mm handgun. Immediately preceding the shooting, responding deputies reported hearing a man’s voice from inside the house proclaiming: “You’re going to die tonight!” After getting shot, the victim managed to make her way out of the house. A deputy who spotted her crawling on the driveway of the residence by the garage door ran to her aid, pulled her off of the driveway and took her to the safety of a neighboring house. Emmanuel Rosado has been charged with three counts of attempted 1st-degree murder for the shooting of his wife and for two deputies who came under fire during the incident. Rosado has been booked into the Volusia County Branch Jail in Daytona Beach, where he’s being held without bond.
For reporters asking about prior calls for service or incidents involving these two individuals, here is what we have:
– Deputies responded to reports of disturbances at the residence (1958 Alameda Drive) on September 1, 2014 and April 7, 2016. No one was charged in either incident. On January 4, 2015, deputies responded to a different address in Deltona for a report of a disturbance. Emmanuel Rosado was arrested on charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and battery. The victim is listed as his girlfriend, Victoria Palinkas, who has the same date of birth as Victoria Rosado.
– There was an additional report of a verbal disturbance between the two on July 22, 2016.
MAN IN CUSTODY AFTER DOMESTIC QUARREL SPARKS SHOOTING
A domestic quarrel in Deltona between a husband and wife ended in gunfire Sunday afternoon. A woman was shot in the back of the leg and her husband is in the custody of Volusia County Sheriff’s deputies, who also exchanged gunfire with the suspect. No deputies were injured in the exchange.
The Sheriff’s Office was alerted to the squabble at a residence in the 1900-block of Alameda Drive shortly before 12:30 p.m. The victim said that she had been trying to separate from her husband, but that he showed up at the house and started acting crazy, locked her in the house and refused to let her leave. There also were three children between the ages of 23-months and 7-years-old in the house. The woman said that she had asked her husband to leave, but he refused and kept breaking into her bedroom where she had gone to seek refuge. Several minutes into the call, a scream was heard and then the line went dead. Right about the same time, responding deputies reported multiple shots were fired through a door and window of the house and in the direction of the deputies. Two minutes later, more shots were fired in the direction of deputies. Two deputies returned fire, but the suspect wasn’t hit. After the victim and three children managed to get out of the residence, the suspect came out of the back of the house as ordered by deputies and was immediately taken into custody.
The victim was airlifted by a Sheriff’s Office helicopter to Central Florida Regional Hospital in Sanford for medical treatment. Her husband is being held for questioning. Both are believed to be 26-years-old. More information will be released after the completion of the investigation.
Latest posts by Calibre Press (see all)
- Dear IL Governor: Thanks for sending us your excellent officers. - February 19, 2021
- NEVER Underestimate the Risk of This Search Warrant - February 16, 2021
- Fighting FOR vs. Fighting AGAINST - February 10, 2021